What do you look for when you find a dentist? That should be a question you ask yourself every time you being looking for one. Not all dentists will treat you the same and not all dental clinics operate the same. Some offices will offer different procedures and others will only offer specific and narrow skill sets. If you need just a regular dentist for your twice yearly check ups then most any hygienic dentist will do. But if you plan on getting your teeth worked on, maybe you need to get them straightened or you are looking to get them whiter, then you may want to look for a dentist that has a wider skill set.
A general dentist will offer cleanings, x-rays, fillings, tooth extractions and sometimes even whitening services.
Some procedures require a more skill dentist, one who has a specific degree or skill. For instance if you need cosmetic work done then not all general dentists will be able to help you. Anything with the look of your teeth, the shape of your teeth and even your smile will rely on a skilled cosmetic dentist.
So then what do you look for in a dentist?
If you live in a busy city like Anchorage Alaska there are over 100 qualified dentists and dental clinics you can choose from. What sets a dentists apart from others?
Here are some tips on what to look for:
- How clean is their office? Do they have nice ‘things’ in the waiting room?
- Is it located in the city or in a run-down neighborhood?
- What does the outside of the dental clinic look like, is it clean and well taken care of or run down looking and needing paint?
- Do they have nice equipment or top of the line dentistry chairs?
- How about their certifications? Are they on a wall somewhere, are they visible to any of their patients or are they hiding them in their office?
- How friendly is the staff when you call? How friendly are they when you arrive and leave?
- How friendly is the dentist when he or she is working on your teeth
If you need a dentist quickly try some of these:
Alcan Dental Group2819 Dawson Street Anchorage, AK 99503